Explore the North of Italy
Milan, Como Lake, Verona, Bassano Del Grappa & Venice
Welcome to the North of Italy! This tour will give you the chance to explore the most famous cities of Milan and Venice without neglecting the less known and the more off-the-beaten track areas that this part of Italy can generously offer you: the beautiful village of Bellagio by Lake Como, the charming Verona, and the little village in Veneto of Bassano Del Grappa where you can taste its famous liquor. While you drive through these places, you will also be able to stop by at other enchanting villages and towns en route; Ciao Tours will be happy to give you all the suggestions, information, and driving directions, to make your trip as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
The tour will start in Milan, one of the greatest symbols of the Northern part of Italy. A four hour small group tour of the city will help you discover its jewels from the Sforzesco Castle, the Scala Opera House, the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II to finally reach its famous Duomo where you will have the opportunity to go up to its rooftop terrace and enjoy the amazing views this city can offer you. During your stay in Milan, you will be able to admire also the impressive painting by Leonardo Da Vinci, the famous Last Supper.
After a couple of nights in Milan, it is time to go and enjoy your time outside the city, and Lake Como is only an hour and half drive from Milan. You will pick up the car in Milan and drive North until your reach the beautiful village of Bellagio along Lake Como. Here you can relax and enjoy the views that the location offers you. On your next day, a two and a half hour tour of Bellagio will take you through its main highlights, including entrance to Villa Melzi, where you can admire its beautiful gardens. The tour will end with a delicious lunch at a Michelin listed lakefront restaurant. On your next day, you will be able to enjoy at leisure one full day to drive along the lake villages or take the local ferries, or just relax, before you travel on your next day to your other destination: the charming city of Verona. In Verona, you will enjoy a four hour private walking tour of the city. Your private guide will take you through the hidden gems of this city, giving you also tips and suggestions to enjoy the rest of your time at leisure. You cannot go to Verona without exploring also its culinary features with either a small group Wine Trail Tour just outside of Verona or with an Italian authentic cooking class. Your choice!
On your next day, you will enter the heart of the Veneto region traveling to Bassano Del Grappa, a quaint charming village famous also for its liquor, the Grappa. A three hour private tour of the town will help you discover its history and hidden streets including a Grappa tasting and visit to its museum. The area around Bassano has also beautiful villages for you to explore without mentioning the now famous Prosecco Road. The Prosecco Road runs from the town of Conegliano to Valdobbiadene through small family-run wineries, castles, hills, vineyards. A Wine Tasting with Lunch will give you a taste of the charm of this marvelous area!
Finally, on your last destination, you cannot miss one of the most charming symbols of Italy, right in the North East of the country: Venice. A three night stay in Venice will help you immerse yourself in its beauty with a four hour group walking tour, which includes the unmissable St. Mark Basilica and a shared Gondola Ride through its canals. On one of these evenings, you will also taste its local specialties with a dinner and a wonderful concert. Finally, on your last day you cannot miss a boat tour, which will take you through its three enchanting islands of Torcello, Murano with its blowing glass, and Burano with its colorful houses.
- 14 nights in Authentic Boutique Accommodation Including Daily Breakfast
- General Driving Directions Including City Maps
- Regular Assistance from Ciao Tours’ Italian Representatives
- All Taxes except local City Taxes
- Private Transfer from Milan Airport to Hotel
- 5 Hour Small Group Tour of Milan Including preferred entrance to the Duomo Roof Top
- Tickets to the Last Supper (the viewing time of the Last Supper is only 15 minutes in order to control this famous painting’s environment)
- Private Transfer to Car Rental Office
- 10 Day Car Rental – Premium insurance included (1 person) Standard or Automatic
- 5 Hour Small Group Tour of Bellagio Including Entrance to Villa Melzi and Hosted Lunch
- 4 Hour Private Walking Tour of Verona Including Entrance to its Arena
- Amarone Wine Trail Small Group Tour in the countryside Including Wine Tasting and Winery Visits OR Small Group Italian Authentic Cooking Class in Verona
- 3 Hour Private Walking Tour of Bassano Del Grappa Including Visit of Poli Grappa Museum and Tastings
- Wine Tasting and Lunch in a Vineyard in the Prosecco area near Bassano Del Grappa
- 4 Hour Group Walking Tour of Venice Including Entrance to St. Mark Basilica and shared Gondola Ride
- Small Group Dinner in a typical Venetian Tavern with Cicchetti (typical Venetian appetizers) and wine and to follow Concert
- Half-Day Group Tour of the Islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello by boat Including a Visit to a Glass Factory in Murano
What's Not Included
Air flights, cities tax, travel insurance, tips, and anything not specifically mentioned in “What’s Included”.
Day 1 - Arrival - Milan
- Arrival in Milan & private transfer to hotel.
Day 2 - SMALL GROUP TOUR OF MILAN INCLUDING ENTRANCES TO DUOMO ROOF TOP
- The starting point of the tour is just next to Castello Sforzesco. You will pass through the park and marvel at the castle from the outside, then walk across the beautiful streets of Milan to reach the Scala Opera House and the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, an opulent shopping mall topped with vaulted glass and iron arcades, named after the first king of Italy. Arrived at the Duomo you will skip the long line and visit the amazing Cathedral. After visiting the interiors, you will take the elevator and go up to the rooftop terraces where you will have a look of the square and an incredible view of the city from above. Turn around and look at the symbol of the city, La Madonnina, a 4.16-meter statue of the Virgin Mary protecting and overlooking Milan.
- Enjoy the famous Last Supper of Leonardo Da Vinci (the viewing time of the Last Supper is only 15 minutes in order to control this famous painting’s environment) – Tickets will be included!
Day 3 - TRAVEL TO LAKE COMO
- Private Transfer to Car Rental Office to pick your car
- Ten Day Car Rental (Pick up in Milan and Drop Off in Venice)
- Drive to Bellagio, a quaint little Village by Lake Como (only 1.5 hour’s drive)
- Enjoy and relax by the Lake
Day 4 - GROUP TOUR OF BELLAGIO INCLUDING ENTRANCE TO VILLA MELZI & LUNCH
- A 2.5 hour group guided walk through the old town and its enchanting surroundings plus lunch at a Michelin listed lakefront restaurant a few steps away from the magnificent gardens of Villa Melzi.
- The Tour will include:
Professional, friendly English speaking licensed guide
- Entrance Tickets to Villa Melzi
- Lunch at a Michelin listed restaurant (Italian appetizer, pasta, and a glass of wine)
- Enjoy the rest of your afternoon at leisure
Day 5 - DAY AT LEISURE EXPLORING LAKE COMO
- Bellagio is nicely connected with two enchanting towns of Lake Como, Menaggio and Varenna which you can easily reach by local ferries. Menaggio offers some incredible views and a beautiful promenade where you can stop at a cafe, relax, and enjoy the views. Varenna, with its colourful houses, gives you the chance to get lost in its ancient alleys and stairs between the houses and experience the magic hidden in this breathtaking lake town. Or, take your car and enjoy a ride around the lake and explore its hidden views and paths. Ciao Tours will provide you with suggestions and tips to further explore the area on own.
Day 6 - TRAVEL TO VERONA AND STOP BY LAKE GARDA EN ROUTE
- Leisurely Drive to Verona (About 180 Km – Approx. 2.5 hours’ drive)
- Suggested Stops in the charming towns of Desenzano Del Garda and Sirmione by Garda Lake
- Arrive in Verona
Day 7 - PRIVATE WALKING TOUR OF VERONA INCLUDING PREFERRED ENTRANCE TO THE ARENA
- Explore the beauty of Verona with the help of our fully licensed guides. Your private guide will take you along Porta Borsari, Lungadige to Castelvecchio, piazza Bra square, the Arena, piazza Erbe, piazza Dante, Arche Scaligere, and finally Giulietta’s house.
- Your guide will give you further tips and advice to enjoy the rest of your afternoon at leisure in Verona
Day 8 - Choose Your Adventure
- 4-hour Wine Tour with minivan in the Valpolicella Valley and Amarone wine region, with an included typical Veronese light lunch. Take your place in an air conditioned minivan and go with an expert guide in the Valpolicella countryside, through vineyards and olive groves. Stop at two wineries for tastings some wines, including Amarone. And stop for a traditional lunch in a Trattoria.
- Enjoy an Italian Cooking Class in Verona: The experience takes place in a beautiful loft-stylish cooking school in the Verona’s historical center. All equipment and ingredients are provided, so all you have to do is coming with an appetite and eagerness to learn the secrets of Italian cuisine! The chef will teach you about the simplicity and authenticity of Italian cuisine and some secrets of the main Italian recipes. Make several tasty dishes including hand-made fresh pasta and bruschetta. Top it off with a classic Italian dessert, tiramisù, a cake made with “savoiardi”, laced with liquor and coffee and layered with cocoa and sweet mascarpone cream. Once everything is finished, sit down together with your classmates at the table and savor the meal with a glass of local Valpolicella wine.
Day 9 - TRAVEL TO BASSANO DEL GRAPPA AND STOP EN ROUTE IN SOME NICE VILLAGES OF THE VENETO REGION
- Leisurely Drive to Bassano Del Grappa where your next travel destination of this tour will be. You will be encountering beautiful towns en route where you can stop for a nice break, such as Vicenza or Marostica with its famous square where every 2 years the Living Chess is organized. Approx. 100 Km – About 2 hours’ drive total.
- Arrive in Bassano and enjoy the rest of your day at leisure.
Day 10 - PRIVATE WALKING TOUR OF BASSANO DEL GRAPPA INCLUDING VISIT OF THE POLI GRAPPA MUSEUM AND TASTING
- Enjoy a 3 hour private tour of this beautiful little town of the Veneto region with your private guide. Your guide will take you through the enchanting streets of its historical center, reaching the famous bridge, Ponte degli Alpini or Ponte Vecchio by Palladio and the castle, Castello degli Ezzelini. You cannot miss a visit to the Poli Grappa Museum tasting its famous liquor. Your tour will end in Piazza Terraglia where every 3rd Sunday of the month there is a special antique and vintage market.
- Enjoy the rest of the afternoon at leisure in Bassano, or, take a ride in the nearby towns of Castelfranco Veneto or Cittadella, the famous fortified city, from the top of the walls walk at 14 meters of height!
Day 11 - TRAVEL THROUGH THE PROSECCO ROAD AND ENJOY SOME WINE TASTING AND LUNCH IN THE VINEYARDS
- Enjoy a scenic ride through the Prosecco road between the towns of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene, Italy’s oldest enological route, created in 2003 (75 miles long) for modern wine tourism, searching for great wines, typical food, and scenic landscapes. Ciao Tours will provide you will all the necessary information to explore the best of this enchanting area rich of ancient castles, villas, quaint villages. You will stop along the way in a boutique local winery for a delicious light lunch accompanied by the tasting of its unique wine and discover its cellars and the secrets which make this area so special.
Day 12 - TRAVEL TO VENICE AND STOP IN TREVISO EN ROUTE
- Leisurely Drive to Venice with suggested stop in the charming town of Treviso – Approx. 100 Km total – About 2 hours’ drive total.
- Arrive in Venice and drop off the car.
Day 13 - GROUP WALKING TOUR OF VENICE INCLUDING ENTRANCE TO ST. MARK BASILICA AND SHARED GONDOLA RIDE
- A combo group tour to discover the gems of Venice through a walking tour, a guided tour of the famous St. Mark’s Basilica, and a shared ride on the iconic Venetian Gondola. The first part of the tour will start with a walking to discover the beauties and charm of Venice through St. Mark Square, the Doge’s Palace, the Clock Tower, and the Procuratie. From St. Mark Square, you will continue to Campo Santa Maria Formosa, the Scuola Grande di San Marco, the Malibran Theatre, and move through the famous Mercerie. In the second part, you will admire Venice from the water enjoying a ride on the traditional Venetian Gondola (shared one). Finally, you will enter the great symbol of Venice: the St. Mark’s Basilica where your guide will help you discover its hidden secrets and history. The tour includes entrance to St. Mark Basilica. Any other monuments will be described from outside.
- Rest of the afternoon at leisure.
- Taste the local Venetian cuisine with a Dinner in a typical Venetian tavern with cicchetti (small appetizers) and wine. To follow, lose yourself in the music of a wonderful concert in an amazing setting – Total Duration (dinner and concert): Approx. 3 hours. This is a shared activity.
Day 14 - GROUP TOUR OF THE ISLANDS BY BOAT: MURANO, BURANO AND TORCELLO
- Enjoy a half-day tour by motorboat to discover the marvels of the lagoon surrounding Venice: The “Glass Island” of Murano, the “Fishermen Island” of Burano, and finally the “Eternal Island” of Torcello. Your tour will include the motor boat from/to Venice, a visit to a glass factory in Murano and your Multilingual assistant.
- Enjoy the rest of your afternoon at leisure
Day 15 - Departure
- Transfer on own to Airport – Ciao Tours will give you all the information!