Ideal Classic Escorted Tour
Rome, Assisi, Siena, Florence, Padua, Venice, Verona, Sirmione (Garda Lake), Como Lake, Milan
Highlights Day By Day
- Assisi: View of the churches of St. Francis and St. Claire
- Siena: View of Piazza del Campo and the Municipal Palace
- Florence: Visit of the most important monuments (exterior)
- Padua: See the St. Anthony’s Basilica & Donatello’s masterpiece, the “Gattamelata”
- Venice: Visit of the famous Square of St Mark and the Bridge of Sighs (exterior), and Murano Island; glass blowing
- Verona: The town of Romeo and Juliet
- Sirmione: A charming peninsula on the Garda lake
- Lake of Como: Famous for its villas and mountain scenery
- Milan: Panoramic tour of the city
- The beautiful Autostrada del Sole
- The Tuscan countryside through and medieval towns
- Emilia Romagna region, land of world famous “prosciutto” and parmesan cheese
- The Veneto region, world famous for itsVilla of Palladio
- The Italian Alps
Hotel may be substituted with similar category. Options to add pre & post-tour accommodation and/or private transfers to/from airports.
- Accommodation at 4 Star hotels
- American buffet breakfast daily
- Five dinners (drinks not included)
- Service charges and taxes included
- Ground transportation by deluxe motor coach with air conditioning
- Sightseeing ad indicated in the itinerary
- English speaking local guides
- Passengers will be provided with professional headset system
What's Not Included
Air flights, cities tax, travel insurance, tips, and anything not specifically mentioned in “What’s Included”.
2020 Itinerary (Subject to Change)
Day 1 - rome - assisi - siena - florence
8:00am meeting point at the Gartour’s sightseeing office or pickup at the hotel from 7:30am to 7.45am and departure by coach to ASSISI. You will visit the mystic town of Saint Francis still surrounded by ancient walls. Visit the Basilica of Saint Francis with its early Renaissance masterpieces by Giotto and Cimabue. At the end of the visit, continue towards SIENA, the beautiful medieval city renown for the Palio horse race. Proceed to FLORENCE.
Day 2 - Florence
American buffet breakfast at the hotel. Guided sightseeing tour of the city, also known to be the cradle of the Renaissance. Visit the beautiful Piazza del Duomo, the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Giotto’s Bell Tower, the Baptistery of St.John, and Santa Croce, the 13th century Franciscan Church with Cimabue’s famous crucifix. The balance of the day is at leisure for optional sightseeing (we suggest the PISA half day tour) or for shopping. Dinner at a local restaurant and overnight at the hotel.
Day 3 - florence - padua - venice
American buffet breakfast at the hotel and departure to VENICE by coach. Along the way you will stop in PADUA, where you will visit the famous Cathedral of St. Anthony, guarded by Donatello’s “Gattamelata”. Continue towards VENICE, and upon arrival enjoy a panoramic guided walking tour of this unique city. You will see the St. Mark’s square, the Basilica of St. Mark, the Doge’s Palace, the Bridge of Sighs and the Prisons. Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Venice Island.
Day 4 - Venice
American buffet breakfast at the hotel. Morning tour by boat. You will cross the lagoon with a view of the islands and reach the island of Murano where you will assist to a demonstration of glass blowing (some time will be allowed for shopping). Afternoon at leisure. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 5 - venice - verona - sirmione (garda Lake) - como lake - milan
American buffet breakfast at the hotel. Morning departure by motor coach to VERONA. Visit of the town of Romeo and Juliet. Continue to SIRMIONE. Free time for lunch and tour of the town. In the afternoon, proceed to Lake Como for a panoramic tour by bus. In the evening arrival in Milan. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 6 - Milan
American buffet breakfast at the hotel. Morning panoramic tour of the city including the shopping gallery Vittorio Emanuele II, the Sforza castle, and the Splendid Duomo, one of the world’s largest, most striking Gothic cathedrals. The tour will end at 11:00am at the central railway station.