Piedmont, Langhe & Cinque Terre
Turin, Genoa, Monterosso
At Ciao Tours, we pride ourselves on a wide range of customized tours where you can explore the most well-known areas of Italy but also regions which are more on an off-the-beaten track. The Piedmont, Langhe and Cinque Terre Tour gives you a taste of Italy with a different perspective and in areas and regions which are less traveled, but equally stunning.
You will start your tour in the “Capital” of Piedmont, Turin, where our professional university graduates guide will teach you the secrets of its history, tell you anecdotes, and give you tips and advice to explore the city on your own. Turin, previously more known for its industries, after the 2006 Winter Olympic Games regained its splendor. Many areas of the city have been revalued and now it is often compared to the Barcelona of Italy, without mentioning the important part Turin played in the history of the Italian Unification (Risorgimento) leaving its traces through its monuments and museums. You cannot leave Turin without having stopped also at its nice cafés and taste a nice espresso.
After few nights in Turin, you will travel to the Langhe. You cannot go to Piedmont if you have not visited the Langhe region, 70 Km South of Turin. The Langhe is an area of rolling hills, vineyards, castles, quaint villages, cheese, hazelnuts, and fine food. You will enjoy few nights at a beautiful agritourism and taste its peace and quietness sipping some good local wines: Barolo, Dolcetto, Barbaresco, you name it! You will have some fun learning how to cook an authentic local meal and tasting its fine cuisine.
You will then travel to Liguria and explore the five villages of Cinque Terre. Hiking the paths that link the five villages is a delight for both mountain and seas lover. Each village has its unique own personality and each trail has views and scenery that keeps hikers questioning at what is around the next corner. Nevertheless, Cinque Terre is not only known for its beautiful hiking but food is ever present everywhere you go in Italy. That is why you will enjoy a special and unique course of Pizza, Focaccia, Bread and Breadstick Kneading. Focaccia is a very tasty specialty of Liguria! Finally, on your last day you cannot miss a boat tour of Cinque Terre where you can explore the scenery from the sea and dive into the clear water of the Mediterranean sea.
- 9 nights in Authentic Boutique Accommodation Including Daily Breakfast
- General Driving Directions Including City Maps
- Regular Assistance from Ciao Tours’ Italian Representatives
- All Taxes except local City Taxes
- Private Transfer from Turin Airport to your hotel in Turin
- 3 hour Private Walking Tour of Turin
- Private Transfer to Turin Car Rental Office
- 4 Day Car Rental – Premium insurance included (1 person) Standard or Automatic
- Visit to the Marchesi di Barolo Winery and Cellars Including Hosted lunch and Wine Tasting
- An Italian Authentic Cooking Class in the Langhe
- First Class Train from Genoa to Monterosso
- Pizza, Focaccia, Bread & Breadstick Kneading Course in La Spezia Including regional direct trains to/from La Spezia back in Monterosso
- Lunch Boat Tour of Cinque Terre Including drinks, mask, and snorkels
- Private Transfer to Pisa or Genoa Airports
What's Not Included
Air flights, cities tax, travel insurance, tips, car drop off fees and anything not specifically mentioned in “What’s Included”.
Day 1 - Arrival - Turin
- Arrive in Turin
- Private Transfer to your Hotel in Turin
Day 2 - PRIVATE WALKING TOUR OF TURIN
- Don’t see Turin like a tourist! Our fully-licensed, expert guides are the best in the business. Far from giving you rote history lessons, you will be able to explore this beautiful city with a more unique and original perspective that only a personal local guide can give you. Your tour will start in Piazza Castello, heart of the city with its Palazzo Reale, Palazzo Madama, and S. Lorenzo Church, where you can see the copy of the Holy Shroud. You will continue to see the Duomo, Piazza Carignano which hosts the National Museum of Risorgimento and Collegio dei Nobili which hosts the famous Egyptian Museum and Galleria Sabauda. Then, you will continue along Via Po reaching the river Po and the Mole Antonelliana, symbol of the city, where the Museum of the Cinema is located.
- Enjoy the rest of your afternoon at leisure walking through the boulevards of Turin and sip a nice espresso on one of their well-knowns cafés, or visit the famous National Cinema Museum of Turin where you can also climb the Mole Antonelliana and admire stunning views of the city!
- Don’t forget to taste also its delicious chocolate which Turin is also famous for!
Day 3 - TRAVEL TO THE LANGHE
- Private Transfer to Car Rental Office to pick up your car
- Four Day Car Rental (Pick up in Turin and Drop Off in Genoa)
- Drive to your Agritourism in the Langhe
- Enjoy and relax at your Agritourism, a beautiful farmhouse in the middle of the Langhe Hills
Day 4 - EXPLORE THE LANGHE AND ENJOY ITS WINE! SERRALUNGA D’ALBA, BAROLO, LA MORRA, GRINZANE CAVOUR
- Explore the villages of Serralunga D’Alba and Barolo at leisure. Ciao Tours will give you all the Driving Directions and Information.
- Visit to the Marchesi Di Barolo Winery Historical Cellars with hosted lunch and Wine Tasting!
- Suggest Tour of La Morra village where you have a beautiful panoramic Terrace over the Langhe Hills and explore the charming Castle of Grinzane Cavour.
Day 5 - SMALL GROUP ITALIAN AUTHENTIC COOKING CLASS IN THE LANGHE
- Italian Authentic Cooking Class in the Langhe: Have fun learning how to cook some delicious meal typical of the region. You will eat what you cook!
- Enjoy the rest of your day just relaxing at your agritourism or exploring the other quaint little villages of the region
Day 6 - TRAVEL TO MONTEROSSO IN THE CINQUE TERRE
- Drive to Genoa to drop off the Car
- First Class direct Train to Monterosso
- Arrive in Monterosso and enjoy its views and the Mediterranean sea
Day 7 - CINQUE TERRE AT LEISURE
- Hike the local paths connecting the five towns and explore each town at Leisure: Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, Riomaggiore.
- Enjoy the breathtaking vistas of the sea, the cliffside walking trails connected by ancient stairs surrounded by olive groves, grapes and flowers connecting the five lands and Via dell’Amore – Walk of Love
Day 8 - SMALL GROUP PIZZA, FOCACCIA, BREAD & BREADSTICK KNEADING COURSE IN LA SPEZIA
- Regional Train and Return to La Spezia Included– only 20 minutes’ ride from Monterosso.
- The Liguria region is well-known for its delicious focaccia. Enjoy this 3 hour course to learn how to make some of the culinary specialties of the region. As a real pizza chef, you will prepare all kinds of delicious bakery products with the help of your instructor. Your pizza-making cooking class starts with the most important part: making the dough. After learning the art of dough-making and kneading, the chef will tell you the difference between different styles of pizza and Ligurian focaccia. Next up is a lesson in rolling out the dough and creating a variety of pizzas, bread and focaccias with different delicious toppings, using only the freshest and best ingredients. After about 3 hours’ course, you can relax and taste your creations with a salad and a drink.
- Enjoy the rest of your afternoon exploring the less known town La Spezia, walking along its waterfront or wander through the nice streets of its historic center.
Day 9 - SMALL GROUP BOAT TOUR OF CINQUE TERRE
- The tour starts in the morning from Monterosso. You will navigate first towards the hidden beach of Guvano, located in an enchanting bay between Corniglia and Vernazza. Then you will sail towards Manarola until Punta Montenero. Here you can dive in unspoilt and crystalline water and enjoy the view of the islands: Palmaria, Tino and Tinetto. A BBQ fish lunch accompanied by typical local food will be served after your refreshing dip.
- Included in the tour: boat tour with skipper, welcome drinks, aperitif before lunch, BBQ grilled fish, local food, drinks, mask and snorkels.
Day 10 - Departure
- Private Transfer to Pisa or Genoa Airports