Welcome to Ciao Tours - Your Window on Italy
Unique, Personalized, Independent Tours of Italy
Over the past 20 years Ciao Tours has built a reputation as a boutique Tour Operator specializing solely in Italy. “Do what you know how to do, and do it well!” This team of Canadian and Italian women has been together for many years because Italy, and Canada, is where we live and raise our families. We have succeeded in Italy by building relationships based on trust and dedication, which in turn makes our clients experience in Italy the very best! We pride ourselves on knowing the family ran wineries and Agritourisms intimately and are eager to show our clients the warm and friendly hospitality they have to offer. I personally invite you to Italy to become part of our family. Buon Viaggio!
The highest compliment you can give Ciao Tours is to recommend us to your friends, family & business associates. "I nostri clienti sono sempre parte della nostra grande famiglia…grazie!”
I want to send a big THANK YOU for all you did to make the Orlando family vacation fabulous.
From the moment I contacted Ciao tours I knew we were in hands. The Grand Rivera Hotel in Sorrento far exceeded our expectations.
It was a beautiful location, accommodations deluxe, and we received wonderful service and the meals…outstanding. It was wonderful to relax on the terrace after a long day touring. The staff could not have been more delightful.
I must mention the drivers who picked us up and toured with us especially “Enzo” who was very knowledgeable about Sorrento and the surrounding areas and went above and beyond in helping us locate our relatives.
All our drivers were prompt and the vans very comfortable.
Our stay in Sicily was most enjoyable too. We enjoyed the wine you sent and the hotel’s location and staff were very good. Our Palermo guide was so knowledgeable and we enjoyed our tour with her.
Big big thanks to you Didi who quickly responded to our questions when we reached out to her for assistance.
It was great to know we had a contact right in Italy who we could contact for help when needed.
All in all, we are all so glad we dealt with Ciao tours. I am hoping to be able to contact you again with our next Italian family vacation.
The trip was great!
We never had any issues, trains, transfers, accommodations and tours were all fantastic!
Thank you so very much for everything, we hope to go to Italy again some day!
The trip was absolutely spectacular. All of the tours and guides you arranged were the best.
My daughter and I had the best time ever. She has been inspired to drink red wine (not sure that was the best result), eat figs and prosciutto, and to take up marble sculpturing.
I have attached some of our favorite pictures from Florence.
Darrell and Desiree
Thank you for your note and thank you for all you and your team did to arrange a fantastic vacation for us in Italy.
The kids, Kristie and I all had a great time and made many good memories. Here are some random thoughts while the trip is fresh in my mind…
• Riserva di Fizzano was a good spot overall. The restaurant / food was both convenient and very high quality. We had breakfast there most days and at least a couple dinners. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful with local logistics. Our rooms were clean and tucked away, giving us some privacy. The pool was a huge hit with the kids and they were in there most days. We found the location to be “decent” but not as optimal as Borgo Iesolana given we seemed to spend more time on winding roads. Twisting roads are an inevitable part of Tuscany, but our little ones had a tough time with some of it.
• The Tenuta Fanti Winery tour was interesting, but not as interesting as our tour / tasting at Badia a Coltibuono. The latter had loads more history, including an amazing cellar. Fanti, on the other hand, provided us a delicious lunch and wonderful wine tasting and their host was gracious and informative. Their wines were great too (we brought a couple bottles home)!
• Our lunch in Siena was very nice. We were running late but Laura was very accommodating. I thoroughly enjoyed the food and wines at Gallo Nero.
• As you can probably imagine, our cooking lesson with Lisa and Paolo was a highlight. They remembered us from our prior cooking lesson and enjoyed meeting our girls. The kids LOVED the lesson and got right into making ravioli and summer tiramisu. An added plus was that the kids, who are normally fearful of dogs, had an opportunity play with Lisa and Paolo’s two dogs and significantly improved their comfort level.
• Riding bikes in Lucca was also a big hit, but with travel time we didn’t get to spend as much time exploring as I would have liked. Definitely age appropriate spot for our kids and would like to go back.
• The hotel in Florence was beautiful, though less family friendly than the Riserva. They had us set up in two adjoining rooms at the end of a hall which was perfect. The location of the hotel was also excellent. Our first time in Florence (in 2004), our hotel was closer to the main square, but adjacent to a scooter rental place so incredibly noisy. In contrast the Castri 1874 was quiet, modern and classy. The included breakfast was a huge hit with the kids. If there was a downside, the pool was (understandably, given the location), tiny and really just a giant hot tub for adults so the kids didn’t get to swim. Having said that, I definitely recommend this spot.
• Lisa gave us a great tour of Florence and took the kids interests into account.
• Childcare on Kristie’s birthday was EXCELLENT. Our sitter was a university student who was fully fluent in English, had spent time in the US and Scotland, and arrived with a huge bin of activity stuff for the kids. They had a blast and were nagging us to have her back on Sunday night too.
• Ora D’Aria delivered on high expectations. We had tasting menus, spent a small fortune, and left very pleased with the entire experience. They seated us with a view directly into the kitchen and the chef made regular appearances tableside to introduce dishes and check in on us.
Thanks again for coordinating this trip for us for the 4th time! The headaches with the EUR payment wire are in the past – and the nice bottle of Chianti you left for us was most kind.
All the best