“These tours are examples of some of the places to visit and the sights and activities you can experience. They are completely customizable to your time and budget. Please use the “Design Your Own form” to start planning your next vacation with us”
Indepentede Tour, Customized to your dates
14 days/13 nights
Go from Greece’s second city of Thessaloniki to living like the proverbial pasha in lakeside Ioannina, then up to the clifftop monasteries of Meteora. Continue through the stone Zagori mountain villages to wrap up your journey on the shores of Corfu.
Your journey begins in Thessaloniki—after landing in Athens, it’s just a short flight to this historic northern city. Start with a walking tour, scoping out the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Byzantine churches and Roman ruins. You’ll also visit Ano Poli (Upper Town), where many of the ancient city’s main defensive structures were built due to its hilltop position.
Next, hit the road to neighboring Vergina, the first capital of ancient Macedonia. Explore the royal tomb of King Philip II, father of Alexander the Great, and visit the museum to see his burial artifacts. Stop in the town of Naousa for lunch at one of its many tavernas before continuing to Kalabaka.
On day four, ascend to the six cliffside monasteries at Meteora. They sit perched atop high rock formations but are still inhabited and used by monks and nuns today. The area is one of the largest pilgrimage sites in Greece. Then head to Ioannina, a lakeside city that was once the center of the Enlightenment in Greece, with well-preserved buildings, examples of Ottoman architecture.
The fairytale Zagori villages are next on your list, a group of 40 well-preserved stone compounds set among the peaks, rivers, and gorges of Pindos. Walk among small farms and bridges unique to the region and end your time in Zagori with a traditional cooking class. From there, ferry to Corfu. Eat your way around Old Town on a guided food tour, where you’ll get to know the local food scene and learn the history of Corfiot cooking. Wrap up your trip with more Corfu exploration on a Jeep safari and Odessey-themed boat tour
|Arrive in Athens, Fly to Thessaloniki
|Explore Ano Poli
|Pella and Vergina Royal Tombs, Drive to Kalabaka
|Travel to Ioannina
|Dodona Sanctuary and Theater
|Travel to Zagori
|Zagori Bridges and Villages Hike
|Zagorian Cooking Workshop
|Zagori Villages to Corfu
|Corfu Food Tour
|Corfu Jeep Safari
|Return to Athens, Depart
- Car Hire for 14 Days – Category A – Peugeot 108 or similar
- Two (2) overnights at Olympia Hotel 3* or similar in Thessaloniki, on BB basis in double standard room
- Two (2) overnights at Dellas Boutique Hotel 3* or similar in Kalambaka, on BB basis in double standard room
- Two (2) overnights at Hagiati Guesthouse or similar in Ioannina, on BB basis in double standard room
- Three (3) overnights at Zagori Philoxenia Hotel 3* or similar in Zagorochoria, on BB basis in double standard room
- Four (4) overnights at Oasis Hotel Corfu 3* or similar in Corfu, on BB basis in double standard room
Zagori Bridges and Villages Hike (3hours) on private basis
Inclusions: English speaking mountain guide, picnic snacks, hiking poles.
Traditional Cooking lessons in Zagori on private basis
Inclusions: Taste and enjoy local recipes and prepare delicious dishes with the guidance and assistance with professional cook.
Food Tour in Corfu on private basis
Inclusions: Local professional tour guide and 5-6 food stops, all food and drinks during the tour & lunch in tavern
Jeep Safari in Corfu on private basis
Inclusions: Jeep Commander limited edition 7 seater, pick up & drop-off hotel, experienced driver and guide, traditional meal and drinks
Boat ticket for shared full day cruise to Paxos, Antipaxos & Caves
- Local licensed English speaking guide for HD tour in Thessaloniki, Vergina, Ancient Pella, 2 Meteora Monasteries & Archaeological site of Dodoni
- Return Ferry ticket Igoumenitsa – Corfu – Igoumenitsa included the ticket for the car
- Liability insurance
Rates Do not Include:
- Air ticket
- Entrance fees per person: Vergina: €12, Pella: €8, Meteora: €6, Dodoni: €8
- Accommodation tax 1,50€ per room per night for 3* hotels payable on the spot by the guests
- Anything is not mentioned in the inclusions paragraph