Art Cities Custom Tour
Independent Tour, Customized to Your Dates
Rome, Florence, Venice
No one does art quite like Italy! Listen to the bells in San Marco Square or watch the daily life of Venetians unfold on the Grand Canal as you take in the magical city of Venice (Venezia). Travel by train to Florence (Firenze), the Renaissance city. View the breathtaking art of the Uffizi or Michelangelo’s larger than life statue of David. Florence is truly an exquisite walking town. Enjoy the earthy scents of porcini mushrooms and handmade leather while wandering the San Lorenzo Market. The Duomo is an architectural masterpiece covered in three hues of marble while the roof tops of the surrounding buildings are all red- unique to Florence. Last on our journey is Rome (Roma), the Eternal City. Take a journey down the Spanish Steps, marvel at the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon then take in the Piazza Navona. Enjoy the journey back through time as you walk into the Coliseum. The Vatican is another wondrous place to visit while in Rome.
- 9 Nights Accommodation at Unique hotels
- Daily Breakfast at all Accommodation
- Private Transfers with Assistance in each City
- 1st Class ES Train Passes
- 4 Hour Private Tours of Venice,Florence and Rome
- Reservations at Uffizi, Galleria dell’ Accademia and Villa Borghese Museums
- 35 Minute Gondola Ride in Venice
- 4 Hour Private Vatican Tour including entrance and no line ups!!
- Includes All Taxes except local city tax
- Assistance from a Ciao Tours Italian Representative
What's Not Included
Air flights, travel insurance, tips, and anything not specifically mentioned in “What’s Included”.
Day 1 - Arrival - Venice (Venezia)
Private transfer from airport, train station or pier, then explore Venice at your leisure.
Day 2 - Venice (Venezia)
- 3-hour private guided walking tour of Venice including San Marco Cathedral
- Piazza San Marco featuring two of the oldest cafes along with the majestic Ducale Palace, the Ponte dei Sospiri- the Bridge of Sighs and San Marco Cathedal
- No cars, but a network of canals and bridges with people moving around by boat, gondola, or on foot
- Rialto Bridge and market area and the Grand Canal
Day 3 - Venice (Venezia)
- 35 minute private gondola ride
- Enjoy Venice at leisure
- Murano Island famous for hand crafted works of art made from glass
- Numerous bridges, squares (called Campi in Venice) and museums
Day 4 - Florence (Firenze)
Travel to Florence via 1st Class train and private transfer to Florence hotel, then explore Florence at leisure.
Day 5 - Florence (Firenze)
- 4-hour private guided walking tour of Florence
- San Lorenzo market, in piazza San Lorenzo
- Duomo or Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore and The Cupola (dome) of the Basilica (cathedral), by Brunelleschi
- Palazzo Vecchio (Town Hall) and Ponte Vecchio (Old Bridge) and the Arno River
- Galleria dell’Accademia, featuring the famous Statue of David
- San Lorenzo Market
- Birthplace of the Renaissance or Rinascimento
- Red-roofed buildings and marble facades
Day 6 - Florence (Firenze)
- Morning reservations at the Galleria dell’Accademia, housing the famous Statue of David
- Afternoon reservations at the Uffizi Museum, featuring one of the most important and oldest (16th century) art collections in the world, including the greatest masterpieces of Italian art and a good collection of paintings by those of foreign schools. The 16th century Palace by Vasari also exhibits ancient Roman and 16th century sculptures
Day 7 - Rome (Roma)
Travel to Rome via 1st Class train with private transfer to Rome Hotel. In the afternoon, reservations at the Villa Borghese Museum.
Day 8 - Rome (Roma)
- 4-hour private tour of Ancient Rome (Admissions and transportation not included since Rome is a walking city and each tour is based on client’s interests)
- Coliseum and Forum, Pantheon
- See the Tiber river and Castel Sant’Angelo
Day 9 - Rome (Roma)
- Private transfer to the Vatican for 4-hour private tour (admission included)
- St. Peter’s Basilica, The Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel
- Large collection of art and treasures collected through its 2,000 years of history
- Large collection of paintings by the best of the Italian masters from the Renaissance
Day 10 - Rome (Roma)
Tour concludes with private transfer to Rome Airport.